The LGBB is in possession of a new book. A brilliant little Scanimation hard page book called "GALLOP!" They are fantastic and this one had become a firm favourite even before the end of the first day Daddy brought it home for her.
On reading it to her tonight, Lolly decided to do the actions for Steve's benefit instead of climbing into bed.
Steve: "Can you.... gallop like a horse?"
The LGBB gleefully gallops animatedly around her clothes-strewn floor.
Steve: "Can you.... run like a dog?"
She runs on the spot, ad-libbing some panting like a dog.
Steve: "Can you.... spring like a cat?"
Some joyous springing, as light as a cat on its delicate paws, ensues.
Steve: "Can you.... swing like a monkey?"
The LGBB does her best Curious George monkey-arms, loping her room, face full of smiles.
Steve: "Can you.... soar like an eagle?"
Lolly plonks on the bed beside her Dad, thinks but a moment, and then makes a sawing motion using her left hand to saw through her right arm.
And he didn't even laugh, so as not to stifle her creativity. What a bloke. I'd have been in FITS OF GIGGLES ON THE FLOOR.
- ► 2011 (182)
- Just what the doctor ordered
- Because I need this
- And now.... It's Monday
- On being late and endings.
- Saw like an eagle
- Melting moments that make my heart seize
- It's done
- Mind how you go
- The end of the first chapter
- Things you shouldn't say during KRudd's election s...
- Jet Blue Steven Slater - AKA Airplane Johnny
- Lolly on love
- An unproud motherly moment
- Bedtime talk
- It was supposed to be a routine Pap Smear
- Mother's ruin
- Oh goody!
- The book playlist
- Help spread the word
- The Water Lily
- All hail Sally Seltmann
- I blame Sarah MacLachlan
- I wish I had a river I could skate away on
- And the winner is...
- I'm curious
- In love with this right now
- The time I tried to beat the Liquid Gold habit
- Taking a stroll down memory lane
- A direct quote from Yours Truly
- ▼ August (33)
- ► 2009 (289)
- ► 2008 (347)