Saturday, May 23, 2009

Who said gluten free was tedious?

I feel like dinner tonight: A gluten free base, topped with sugarless - I opt for zero added sugar on every label I read now, no more excuses or short-cuts - tomato paste, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and red onion. Topped with dots of ricotta and sprinkled with basil. And for extra decadence, some guacamole on the side to dip it into.


Uh.... that'd be me. Because six years ago, when I first went on the Candida Diet to (you guessed it) clear up the candida that was triggered by a combination of anti-biotics and multiple pregnancies in a short space of time, it was so hard.

Why was it so hard?! And why have I waited this long to get back to the gluten and dairy free diet I know my body needs and works best on? I am indulging in a bit of chocolate here, a bagel there... and it feels so good. It feels good to not be giving myself these "reward" foods on a constant, daily basis and makes them all the more enjoyable when I do splurge.

I have even cut coffee down. Now, I was a 3-5 cups a day gal once upon a time. When I reduced it two years ago to one a day (and I snuck in an extra one or two every few days), I thought that was very good of me. Phenomenal, in fact.

Since the detox I did about a month ago, I'm lucky if I have three coffees in a WEEK! Unheard of!

I'm loving this. And my previously aching, weary, stiffened joints are too.

Archived Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails