Thursday, December 18, 2008

My mission, if I choose to accept it

I am currently playing Santa's Little Elf. To the detriment of my mental health.

Don't get me wrong, I am LOVING the creative challenge. I could just do without the rush on delivering.

This week, I am on a deadline to turn two pre-loved, very tired dolls (here's one of them, pic at left) into something that will a) not scare the LGBB when she sees it on her Big Girl Bed and b) suit my taste, ie. the vision I have for her bedroom. I know, I know... it's not my bedroom. But until she has a say, she's getting what I want.

Only thing is, often I see something in my head (that I want to paint or create) and I can't get my hands to do it! It's been forever - too long - since I turned my hand to painting. I did do some wall art a few months back (I don't think I ever posted it on here) but I haven't finished it yet.

This is a pressing project! Because time is of the issue. I don't have too many more sleeps before Santa comes. And I KNOW that, given these two dolls are on the bedhead of the bed we have inherited from a very generous client of mine, if the LGBB were to wake and see them in their current state staring down at her she'd freak.

I'm nervous that I won't be able to remove the Al Jolson look I've accidentally applied to the first doll's face. Her lips, I'll give myself the credit, couldn't be any more perfect (especially given the little chip of wood that's been taken out of there right where I don't want it). But now I have to work around them to redo her complexion. I had it perfect! But I went and stuffed up the eyes *hmmmm like someone else we know who has one eye smaller than the other* so now have to repaint those and when I went to reapply the skin colour, I realised I had done it far too dark. By then, it was too late. She had a 5 o'clock shadow *sob* So I can't possibly leave it as it is. Not that the LGBB would even notice or care. But I'd notice. And it will give me a hot, prickling sweat and a nervous eye tic if I don't take care of it.

It's never going to end is it? Damn me and my cursed need for perfection!

Archived Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails