Sunday, October 19, 2008

I don't normally share these...

...or give them much more thought beyond reading and saying to myself, "That's lovely". Perhaps it's because I need to remember these words due to things that have happened this week, and contact that's been made totally out of the blue, but I wanted to share here an email I received. One of those "read this and pass it on, don't forget to send it back to me." I'm not good/keen on doing that part, but the sentiments and wisdom in some of them is really very poignant sometimes.

It's interesting, I think, to occasionally look at who is in your life now and who's not, compared to, say, a few years ago. I know myself that everyone who has a conscious place in my mind (ie. the list of people I can reel off as being near and dear to me right now without having to think about it)
are there because they bring more meaning and love to my life. They enrich it. One of the loveliest things to occur/come out of Ella's death, in my case, was this gift of being strong enough to detect who was toxic and do something about it. Those I couldn't do anything about, the universe seemed to take care of for me in one way or another and they are no longer in my life either.

There comes a point in your life when you realise ...

who matters,

who never did,

who won't anymore...

and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past,

there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.




'Be kinder than necessary
because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.'

Archived Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails