Tuesday, June 1, 2010

"If my makeup is uneven when I get home, you'll know it didn't go well."

Those were Steve's parting words to me this morning as he headed back to work after two months' long service leave.

You think I have the title of this post mixed up with the content, don't you?

Let me explain.

If you are fairly new to this blog, you will be forgiven for not knowing that many, many things in our household are related back to either a movie line or a Simpsons quote of some sort or other.

So it will come as no surprise to regular readers to learn that as Steve was getting ready to head out the door, I just had to reference his return to work to one of my all-time favourite quotable movies - Flying High - wishing him a good, productive day and hoping he did not feel like he had to "calm down" or "get a hold of" himself.

Steve, of course, was talking about the woman who tries to apply makeup as if nothing is wrong, while the plane is crash landing and there's bedlam all around her, and not actually the woman who loses her composure and begins to freak out - and by the way, NONE of this is going to make the slightest sense and, even if you have seen the movie, it's probably only amusing to one or two of you... or, let's face it, just to me. But it's my blog and I'll write what I want to, so you'll have to just humour me.

Why he would liken himself to an elderly Jewish woman putting on her eyeshadow and lippy is an entirely different kind of post...... "All together". But it was a bloody funny visual when he said it, all the same.

I shall now let the clip speak for itself and back away before I make any bigger turkey of myself. Or my husband.



Archived Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails