Saturday, November 1, 2008

Like a bad smell

For a couple of weeks now I've had sealed plastic food containers sitting on my bench. I daren't open them because each time I do, the stench of evil that is lingering within comes spilling out, offending my senses like nothing I've quite known before.

Yes. It is that bad.

I can't remember what was in them, but I found them in the back of our fridge and ohhhhhh boy, am I sorry. Sorry I pushed them to the back. Sorry I found them. Damn sorry I don't know how to get the smell out.

So I've googled. And here's something interesting I thought I might try:

Food-container deodorizer. Stuff a balled-up piece of newspaper into a plastic container, seal it, and let sit overnight. By morning the paper will have absorbed lingering food smells.
I am guessing, mind you, that this is for incy-wincy pansy food smells. Like the container you used for that leftover tuna. Or the egg and mayo mix you've made too much of and will use up for tomorrow's lunch.

Ho ho. No, no, no. This needs some industrial-grade biohazard solution. So if the newspaper thing doesn't work, I'll let you know. And then I'll most likely have to contact Hazmat to come in, wrap our house in plastic and wearing those body suits to come take the containers away.

In the meantime, any surefire suggestions? Aside from turing them, I mean (which I don't necessarily want to do - we're talking good Tupperware and Décor brand stuff here)? And yes, I've already smacked myself silly for being so tardy on the issue.

Archived Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails