We tried a new café yesterday. When we turned up it looked inviting enough. We were welcomed warmly and took a seat each.
Then, things started to get a bit weird.
The waitress seemed confused when I asked for a capuccino. She took my order gleefully enough, but instead of waiting for my money, she simply smiled widely, turned and walked over to the cash register where she proceeded to take out a $5, bringing it back to pay me and calling it "A hunret. And fifty. Dollez". I was confused, to say the least.
Then Steve gave her his order too and the waitress busied herself by turning circles, seemingly to steady her excited self, before heading back to the cash register and retrieving more money for him.
But then, things got a whole lot weirder.
We looked over, while we waited on the comfy chairs, and to our surprise we saw the waitress obiously straining. She made no effort to disguise that she was very noticeably filling her ... pinafore ... with the exception of turning her face away. But we could see, with the lifting of the strands of hair over her face, that she was exerting quite some effort and breathing it out as she *hushed tones* pushed one out.
Steve leaned over to me at this point and quietly instructed me from the corner of his mouth, "Just don't order a hot chocolate, whatever you do." I think it was this point that I finally fell off my chair, unable to regain any composure.
Despite all this, the place was a treat. Absolutely quaint. I highly recommend the brownies.
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (265)
- ► 2009 (289)
- "Toto.... I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"
- Not all is always as it seems
- My attention span
- Is any of this familiar to anyone?
- Australian Raven
- Hasn't this just got "must-see" written all over i...
- Getting responsible
- Boiled eggs rock our house
- Something in it
- The 'mato Monster
- Am I FUNNY to you?
- Depending on the street
- Mac Daddy: It speaks to me
- Just like that
- A TRILLION dollars mooh-hwahwahwaaaa
- Just have to remind myself
- Sunny Side Up gets all political-like. For a secon...
- Chéz Loléz
- "Talk to my Agent"
- Why I love the people I've chosen to have in my li...
- How To Recreate The Mouth Part
- And so, the opposite of happiness must be...
- Happiness is...
- Never ceasing to intrigue me
- Oil of Vetiver
- Swatch you lookin' at?
- Well.... why not today?
- When even patience doesn't pay off
- Goin' on a bear hunt
- It started today.
- I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed
- That voice
- Girls' Day Out
- And now for a proper cut
- Perhaps it's Fathers Day
- ▼ September (36)