Thursday, September 18, 2008
Mac Daddy: It speaks to me
It's a modern piece that makes a bold statement.
The artist's use of black and red on stark white creates contrasts that vie for attention in my brain. Meandering strokes on one side of the divide and point-making daggers on the right are brought to attention by a poignant and subtle use of red, dividing the two.
It is just scribble to some.
It is a picture worth a thousand words to others.
It is a man wearing spectacles coping with fuzzied, jumbled thoughts, smoking a smouldering red cigar to me.
Lolly's first computer doodle. Composed on a 24" screen Mac at Daddy's work. Very busy day.
- ► 2011 (182)
- ► 2010 (265)
- ► 2009 (289)
- "Toto.... I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"
- Not all is always as it seems
- My attention span
- Is any of this familiar to anyone?
- Australian Raven
- Hasn't this just got "must-see" written all over i...
- Getting responsible
- Boiled eggs rock our house
- Something in it
- The 'mato Monster
- Am I FUNNY to you?
- Depending on the street
- Mac Daddy: It speaks to me
- Just like that
- A TRILLION dollars mooh-hwahwahwaaaa
- Just have to remind myself
- Sunny Side Up gets all political-like. For a secon...
- Chéz Loléz
- "Talk to my Agent"
- Why I love the people I've chosen to have in my li...
- How To Recreate The Mouth Part
- And so, the opposite of happiness must be...
- Happiness is...
- Never ceasing to intrigue me
- Oil of Vetiver
- Swatch you lookin' at?
- Well.... why not today?
- When even patience doesn't pay off
- Goin' on a bear hunt
- It started today.
- I lost my poor meatball when somebody sneezed
- That voice
- Girls' Day Out
- And now for a proper cut
- Perhaps it's Fathers Day
- ▼ September (36)