Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Nothing says "I'm carefree" like a man on a bike with a sandwich

A thought occurred to me today, that every time I've seen a grown man moseying on a bike (you know what I mean when I say "mosey" - I mean that slow-pedalling, blasé, weaving, single-handed steering method of riding), they look to me as if they don't have a care in the world.

O! to have a bike to ride as if I don't have a care in the world.

Today, this look was topped by a guy I saw in the local Safeway carpark. Doing The Mosey thing. Beanie atop his hair, unshaven face, grubby khaki's and a bomber jacket flapping behind him lazily. And when he swivelled in my direction (to avoid a reversing car that probably got sick of waiting for him to saunter past), I saw he was riding one-handed for a reason. He had a sandwich in the other hand.

Did he make the sandwich? Did his mum make it for him? Did he buy it? What's a grown man doing with a sanger? He looked more like a meat pie kinda guy. Wherever he got it from, anyway, he looked blissed out. At ten past nine on a frosty 4º Tuesday morning in Melbourne town, could it get any better for this bloke? It certainly didn't look it.

Archived Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails