Thursday, April 21, 2011

A question on old posts: Feedback sought please!

I have been giving a lot of thought recently to resurrecting (well, more technically, just reposting) a lot of my old posts from my first blog - Musings - to here. There is a lot of useful information in them, a lot of "working through thoughts" that, while no longer relevant to me where I am "at" today, here and now, is still very real and pertinent to people going through the hoops of infertility/parenthood after loss, etc., and that will never change.

Without puffing my chest out too much, there's quite a bit of good stuff. And we all know how that goes: You're kinda only as good as your last blog post, aren't you! The good ones just get buried. A blogger who has been around as long as I have, posting pretty much daily for almost six years, is going to have LOOOOOADS of posts, at probably a 70/30 "crap/good stuff" split.

I have been hesitant to do this, though, on two main counts:  1) I don't want to stuff up anyone's blog roll/reader thing, and 2) as I assume they won't appear as the latest posts because I will keep them date stamped the same (ie. back in 2005-2007), they will probably just tuck neatly in to the blog's archives, meaning they won't be seen anyway. Aaargh! What to do?

I've been thinking I might move them across and then create a page - in fact, a whole new blog platform is in the (very fledgling stage) works - that contains links to the posts. Grouped in some sort of categorical order.

What do you think? Should I be bothered?
If you are a reader who is going through the throes of the crap associated with infertility/family and friends not getting you, or if you are recovering from the loss of a child or pregnancy... would this help?
If none of these categories sounds like you, but you read this blog, would you have any interest whatsoever in reading posts that are long in my past?

Just benchmarking today. Any and all feedback, opinions and suggestions welcome! Many thanks in advance for your input.

Archived Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails