Monday, October 11, 2010

Still Real

Today, I am clinging to this song. "Still Real" by the Australian group, George, and fronted by the unbelievable Katie Noonan.

The weekend was amazing. In one of those planets-aligning moments (actually Venus is in retrograde, as of Saturday I think...... hmmmmm perhaps something is stirring out in the heavens for all of us? Is anyone else experiencing a slight easing of pressure in their lives, ever so slight? Like letting out the top button of your jeans after Christmas lunch??), I found myself swanning around in "free" time. I know!! I was overjoyed. I spent the weekend very close to my book and was able to speed through a very trying section. I even had Sunday dinner cooked for me by the two dearest chefs in the house - Steve and the LGBB whipped up chicken schnitzels, broccoli, peas, carrots and just about the best mash potato I've ever tasted. And in true fashion, Steve now refuses to tell me how he did it. Addaboy. Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen.

Anywho. Back to the song. It just seems to perfectly fit with what I'm facing this week.... I am at the final couple of chapters of the book. I cannot believe it. I'm euphoric, scared, elated, feeling very bittersweet about it. And like an undercurrent that incessantly nips at my heels, I have an awareness that there are a couple of entities that are just waiting, hoping, willing me to finish and put myself out there with my neck on the chopping block, as if presenting myself for their beheading.

So I'm also wondering, then, how it is for others.... I ask you:
What is truth and what is a lie? If someone tells you something and you have a different recollection or perspective of the same event they are talking about, does that make the other person a liar? Or do you see that they simply speaking their truth and it just doesn't match yours? Do you tend to have one rule or do you change how you feel about what are lies and what is truth, depending on who you are judging or what they are talking about?

This song, to me, speaks to that. And I find it a great comfort.

Still Real
I wonder how long I can sustain this mystery
I wonder how we thought we'd get here without strife
I try to recall the beauty that brought us here
And I cling to that, I cling to that, I cling to that for my life

They say they understand the turmoil that unsettles you
And I say you just fulfill your end of the deal and I'll fulfill mine
Once we reveal ourselves we're so quick, so quick to analyse
I just want you to be free and enjoy this ride
So go on I'll tell you it's alright
Go on, please tell me you're fine
Don't ever let them get you down
'cause everything that really, really matters
is still real
I'd love to see you shine with every possible radiance
And ignore any thoughts that weren't planted by good
And let intention motivate and stimulate, that is all
And let the cloud that hangs above drift off into the sunset night
So go on I'll tell you it's alright
Go on, please tell me you're fine
Don't ever let them get you down
'cause everything that really, really matters
is still real


george - Still Real from SeanieG on Vimeo.

Archived Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails