Damn damn damn. I think my old dog is in renal failure. Off to vet now. I'm ready for them to tell me the worst. But shit... I'm SO not ready for her to go.
Pepper :( My best buddy for the past 15 years. Shit. I remember telling Steve I was hopeful she would live til she was eight, because she was such a tough old dog. I thought that translated into 'hard life, short life'. But no.
This dog has taught me so much. I told her on Monday - the crying day - that if she had to go, she should go. She has deteriorated since then and I noticed tonight big saggy fluid sections in her underbelly. Her breathing is even more laboured. She appears to have bloated hugely overnight.
I have to let her go. I know I do. I just guess I could be selfish and bargain a little more time.
- ► 2011 (182)
- Mother Heart
- Giving you the bird
- Mojo Monday
- Stream of Consciousness Saturday
- It's the dog who won't die
- Pepper update
- The 'white knuckles' dance - by OK, Go.
- I've got it!
- It's not nice to pick on the elderly
- The business of IVF
- Sprung bad
- My girl
- On the timing of eating
- While you wait
- Joy, bliss and dog's piss
- Smells, sights and sounds of today
- Here we go: Family Lore/Law and healing patterns
- Cruisin' for a bruisin' and other mundane stuff
- Once.... upon a time. On Fathers Day.
- I can't sleep
- New posts
- Getting a bit tired
- ▼ September (23)
- ► 2009 (289)
- ► 2008 (347)