Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Giving you the bird

What? What were you expecting but a beautiful native Australian bird??


This is just one of the locals that comes and sits outside my kitchen window regularly. I'm usually rendered frozen, not wanting to scare them away while I drink in their amazing plumage, so I never have the opportunity to grab the camera.

But on this day, the camera was in easy reach. I contorted my body - not moving my top, visible half - over to the bench where the camera was and deftly brought the lens up. Lucky the first shot was a good shot because literally at the moment of shutter-click, he flew off again.

I love where I live. This is one of the many reasons. Look at those colours! Arrgh, my eyes! And this is our 'common' bird here. I feel spoiled.

Archived Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails