Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Taking the blog for a quick spin

I haven't got time for a proper catchup (and oh BOY, what a trip we've just had), but wanted to run past, wave and dump these couple of photos of the family homestead. A gorgeous house with 12' ceilings and so rich in family history that my mind has been permanently boggled, I think.

These guys weren't kidding when they said "remote". Every bit of land you see here, they own (save for the very far bluish coloured mountain tip you see in the far right corner of the landscape shot). There were several trippy moments when we'd be driving somewhere with our cousin and after 10 or 20 minutes, she'd confirm my query with a nonchalant wave of her hand and say, "Oh yes, this is all ours we've been driving past."

I guess that happens when you have 33,000 acres.

All I can say is, I was awed, humbled by the beauty of the land there. I caught sunrise on the first morning (when I took a heap of photos) and was mesmerised by the changing colours right before my eyes as the sun rose.

Back soon! Stay tuned....



Archived Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails