Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gorgeous nature

I took this photo (below) driving back from Peace Space one day a few weeks ago. As it is an expanse of open countryside for a lot of the 2.5 hour trip, I often get to see big fronts like this one. It's amazing seeing them hitting the blue sky like this. And because I am normally heading home at the end of the day, I usually get the setting sun on them which just makes them look all the more extraordinary.

On this day, a phenomenal, direct and very bright little rainbow was peeking out of the base of the storm clouds. I took this with my phone camera. Without stopping. In a 110km/h zone. Whooops. But I just HAD to capture this! It was so beautiful, even more vividly contrasted than you see here.



Archived Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails