Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Message in a bottle... on a blog... via a song

Have you ever done or said or believed something at one point in your life and then felt like you couldn't go back on your word or belief without losing face? 
Have you ever felt so stuck in that decision, even if it was years ago, that it just became your way of life even if you didn't even feel that way anymore?
I'd love to hear from you if you have ever been this way. How did you resolve it? Have you resolved it?

Michael Franti is one of my all-time favourite artists. The peace and hope oozing out of this guy is inspirational.

I'm going through some pretty tough stuff right now. Indignant thoughts in my head are arguing with the responsible, counsellor part of me which I hope will be able to filter the learning through into something coherent and constructive (which I will post on my Earth Healing blog, once the thought eventuates into something useful to others!).

Mostly, though, I would right now like to send a message via this song to someone who probably won't even know it's for them (if they still stalk me here, perhaps there is hope yet). The messages in this song are undeniable and, given it is my only chance to 'get a message through', I have to settle for passively presenting it here with loads of love and hope for change. The Universe in all its wisdom will do the rest.

Read along, the lyrics are sublime. So simple, it's easy for us mortals to forget we need to remember....

It's NEVER Too Late.





Don't fear your best friends, because a best friend would never try to do you wrong.
And don't fear your worst friends, because a worst friend is just a
best friend that's done you wrong.
And don't fear the night time, because the monsters know you're divine.
And don't fear the sunshine, because everything is better in the summertime.

And it's never too late to start the day over, it's never to late, pick up the phone (pick up the phone and call me)
You know it's never too late to lay your head down on my shoulders,
It's never too late to come on home.

Don't fear the water, because you can swim inside you within your skin.
And don't fear your father, because a father's just a boy without a friend.
And don't fear to walk slow, don't be a horserace, be a marathon.
And don't fear the long road, because on the long road you got a long time to sing a simple song.

And it's never too late to start the day over,
It's never too late, pick up the phone (pick up the phone and call me)
You know it's never too late to lay your head down on my shoulders,
It's never too late to come on home.

Don't fear your teachers, because if you listen you can hear music in a school bell.
And don't fear your preacher, if you can't find heaven in a prison cell.
And don't fear your own self, paying money to justify your worth.
And don't fear your family, because you chose them a long time before your birth (yes you did)

And it's never too late to start the day over, it's never too late, pick up the phone (pick up the phone and call me)
You know it's never too late to lay your head down on my shoulders,
It's never too late to come on home.

Hold to your children, hold to your children, hold to your children, let them know.

Archived Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails