Friday, January 11, 2008

Happy 4th birthday, dear Boo

"I am an onlooker on my daughter's dance, which I made possible because she came through me . . . I'm not a part of her dance. Yet whenever she takes pause and needs someone to talk to, I am there. But that special dance with the child and the future is hers."

Liv Ullman








And just exactly how is it, my darling girl, that the resemblance between you and your little sister grows rather than shrinks the further she gets from her own baby-face days? It warms my heart yet tears at me so much. I am so thankful to have you in my life. And this year for the first time, can truly see the acceptance I have come to - of losing you from our daily physical lives - and all that this entails.

On the 13th, we will take time to pause and reflect, you can be sure of it. Just the three of us.

I am just so very very fortunate to have been given the opportunity to grow from knowing you. My beautiful, beautiful forever baby girl.

All my love,
Your Mummy

Archived Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails