Saturday, January 1, 2011

Does my bum look big in this colour?

I thought I'd get all growed up and choose a classy look for my blog for once. How'd you like it? You'd better get used to it, because I'm not reverting back to the old one (Read: I've impulsively trashed the code).

After viewing my blog on the iPad and realising, aghast, that the background image didn't stretch far enough (heck, it looked bad on our 27" iMac as well, so goodness knows what it looked like on all your screens), I couldn't take it any longer. The nervous tic and the anxiety that made my twitchy designer's fingers restless just couldn't sleep at night knowing it didn't repeat (the background image, not my undigested dinner in my churning stomach, that is).

So here we have a hastily chopped-and-grunged-up photo that I took on the family property in April. A bit of picture slicing along the horizon and field lines. A couple of layer masks slapped on and the old "Multiply" filter gizmo applied, a few other tricks snuck in and there you have it.

I'm not so sure the blue text works with the browns and yellows scheme but it was bland otherwise. Pah. I do like it. Even if I do say so m'self.

It was just time for a change. You know?

Do you have any impulsive changes you want to make now that there's a new year to be had?

Archived Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails