On the eve of the final week of this round of the 12-week body transformation I've been doing, I am ecstatic with what I have achieved.
|I only made her walk down... Promise! This hill can only be walked up using your HANDS at one point.|
Steep only just covers the word I'd use for the mother of all hills. Beautiful!
• I am arising before 6am five days out of seven to go for a gruelling walk-jog.
• If I don't get up, guaranteed, I get a 5:45am wake-up bark from Miss Jazz who checks her paw-time and lets me know. Uppy-uppy-uppy! NOW!!
• I jog. I am a person who jogs. I am one of those people I've always seen when I drive past them and think, "What possible enjoyment are you getting from running around like that?"
• I feel euphoric after I get home from burning 600-800 calories in around an hour. From jogging. Ahhh... I get it now.
• The mornings are MINE.
• My leafy community is simply stunning at about 6:15am, when the sun just spills over the furthermost mountain peak and splashes its weak rays onto the near hills and they all turn that amber colour. Just mesmerising. I almost feel cheated if I haven't got up there to the top of the opposite hill in time to witness it.
• The public access stairs around these hills are so challenging. They are actually exciting to conquer!
• I'm pushing myself further each week. In the past two months I have improved my 1.25km running speed by a little over one minute! Ya gotta be happy with that effort!
• I go to bed at night still feeling the deep-lung buzz in my body of the morning work-out. I feel more vital. More present in my body, physically, than I can remember ever feeling.
|You want this. Buy it!|
• Jazz has lost weight. Yes, the dog is not so rotund any more. She is appreciating this health kick just as much as I am, I'm certain of it.
Okay, so that's my list. Not exhaustive but just what I can think of all at once right now.
|What 8kg of weight loss looks like over 11 weeks|
By far, I haven't lost as much weight as others doing this fitness training. I haven't even reached my main goal. Not by a long shot. BUT I have smashed two of my initial aims: 1) to go below a weight (and some) that has been taunting me and 2) to increase my fitness. Now that I have done this, and on the eve of truly being on my own with this without being on the program any more, it's time to continue with more specific goals.
• I want to get to 10kg lost before Christmas. That will make a 13kg loss for 2011.
• I want to lose another 10kg by the time Steve turns the Big 4-0 (in April). We'll see.
But please, a request of you, dear reader.....
Will you help hold me to it when I check in
every so often with my progress?This isn't a weight loss journey blog by any means, but part of my overall path to wellness and completeness is how I feel about myself on the outside. It was obvious the timing to begin was perfect when I first came across that ad showing Michelle Bridges doing her Bee Gees hair-blown-by-a-fan thing (noice look!).
Now it's time to keep going.
Does anyone have pom-poms, by any chance? Care to give me an encouraging chant along the way until my end goal in April?
|Only 99 to go.... Straight up. This is what 50 calories looks like at 6 in the morning|
|You wouldn't believe it but the fires on Black Saturday were ferocious through here in 2009|
|Hmmmmm shall we go left or right through the bush today, Jazzy?|
Standing at the top looking down my 200-stair escape route after climbing 80m in just 100 steps...
|Downward stretch towards home|