Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Here, enjoy a maple



We asked the LGBB to be our official maple-planting photographer this week. Here's what she saw:


Her parents, Coochy-Coo and Peek-a-Boo

Gorgeous young red branches - this is a Coral Bark Japanese Maple

I love this photo! I love when kids look up through the lens.

Then I asked if I could take the camera for a few shots and this is what happened...

"Take a photo of me! I love this tree! I love it!"
She wasn't kidding. She loves it. 



Really loves it.

Ok... it's a tree. Not a pole, toots.
Lolly asked about its eventual height and its food requirements. She skipped around the tree which, again, got me giggling about that scene from This Is Spinal Tap (look out for a soon-to-be-rewound post that shows the short clip from the movie). Then she hugged the tree.  Lolly's a tree hugger from way back.




"I'm a boat captain!"



Then I apparently had the audacity to take some non-LGBB-related shots:





"Ummm, no, you can't have the camera right now. I'm using it."



This looks so bland, but I tell you, the decibels were quite impressive

The dog was bemused

The cat cared even less


Annnnnyway....

Young leaves are red-tipped







It'll never grow as tall as the Big Kids... but it should reach at least 5m
Already, the view from my room is even more interesting and peaceful

Archived Posts

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails