Over recent months, I have had all of these levelled at me:
"Does Jake the Peg really have an extra leg, Mum?" (why yes, if the song is to be believed, he does)
"I really, reeeeeeally want a baby brother." (but babies take a long time, darlin', they take ages to grow... and anyway, they have to be ready to join a family before they get in a mummy's tummy)
"Goldilocks and the Three Bears isn't real, is it?" (why do you say that, Lol?) "Because how can the three bowls of porridge be all different? How can one be cold and one be hot and one be just right all at the same time?" (.......... err..... ask your father)
"How does a baby get in your tummy?" (sigh... the Daddy puts it there... *I cringe at the over-basic and technical inaccuracy of my reply*) "Can I watch?" (you most certainly can not. Now keep eating your lunch!)
"How does Jake the Peg do wees if he has a leg in the middle where his giney goes?" (I haven't the foggiest.... anyway, Jake is a boy....*my voice trails off, she's in fits of giggles at the whole concept of a man with an extra leg and how his anatomy can possibly handle it. There's an obvious line, but I don't use it*)
What are some of the most favourite curly or deep-thinking questions you've been asked or heard? I just adore how kids think.
- Remembered into being
- The Life Path: Heading for my Balanced State
- O (artificial Hudson Pine from Target) Christmas T...
- All you need is love and understanding
- Wait without hope
- I don't want her to have everything. There. I said...
- Worlds within worlds: A pictorial of a bushwalk in...
- Forget Rorschach - My kid, the visionary
- Questions! Always with the questions!
- Post rewind: Beyond nothing
- Cracking jokes: How the egg lost its head
- ▼ December (12)
- ► 2010 (265)
- ► 2009 (289)
- ► 2008 (347)